Sunday, March 4, 2012

Healthy Date Truffles

I recently found a recipe for molasses spice cookie dough truffles and was eager to give them a try. I ended up having some free time last night so I started getting all of the ingredients out. I was just about ready to throw everything in the food processor when I realized our molasses had long since expired, 4 years to be exact. I guess that shows just how often we use it. I was determined to use the dates that I had just finished pitting so I came up with my own version of the truffles. They're super easy to prepare and make a tasty snack or dessert.

Ingredients
1/2 cup of oat bran (or you can use oats)
1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup pecans
1 generous tablespoon honey
about 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
I added a few drops of vanilla stevia but feel free to skip this step and add more honey if the truffles aren't sweet enough.


Directions
First, add the oat bran (or oats) to the food processor and mix until it's closer to a flour consistency. Next, add the dates and pecans and mix until crumbly. Finally, add honey, cinnamon and the optional stevia and pulse until everything is well mixed. Form into balls (whatever size you'd like). Feel free to eat right away or refrigerate to harden them a little bit.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment